|Urdu Name:لودھ پٹھانی
|English Name:Lodh Tree
|Scientific Name:Lotur Bark
|Arabic Name:شجرة لود
|Hindi Name:लोध का पेड़
Bark of Lodha Tree possesses medicinal properties and is used in Ayurvedic medicine preparation. It is rich in glycoside and has astringent properties. It is anti-inflammatory in nature and is helpful in treating inflammation. It is also beneficial in the treatment of skin ailments and helps in speeding up the healing process. It acts as a stimulant. Also it is beneficial in female reproductive system disorders.
- It cures diarrhea.
- Lodh has proved to be very useful in diseases like leucorrhoea (white discharge).
- Lodh is even prescribed to the women after their delivery.
- Lodh helps in maintaining the shape of the body.
- Due to its absorption enhancing property it is used in clotting and in diseases like diarrhoea.
- Lodh is absorption enhancing, cooling and light which itself is a unique combination, which makes it very useful in reducing inflammation and heaviness in the body.
- It treats diseases of skin such as leprosy.
- It helps to reduce inflammation and heaviness of body.