The stem, root, fruit and seed of this Ayurvedic plant are widely used for various medicinal purposes in the Ayurvedic system. According to Ayurveda, the screw tree balances Kapha and Pitta doshas. It has a cool taste and cool power. Important chemical constituents include the diosgenin cucurbitacin B and isorin. It also has antioxidant, hypolipidemic, antibacterial, antiplasmid, cardiac antioxidant, anticancer, anodyne, hepatoprotective, and antidiarrheal activity. Here are some impressive health benefits of the screw tree.
- Best treatment for stomach problems
- A health booster for new mothers
- Screw tree for skin problems
- Helps in managing diabetes.
- It is effective in treating respiratory diseases.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding: Not enough is known about the use of screw tree during pregnancy and breast-feeding. Be on the safe side and avoid use.