|English Name:||Water Lily Flower|
|Arabic Name:||زهرة زنبق الماء|
Water lily is a plant that grows in ponds, lakes, and streams. The bulb and root are used to make medicine.
People take American white water lily by mouth for diarrhea and apply it to the body for vaginal conditions,
- Chronic diarrhea.
- Vaginal conditions, when applied directly.
- Diseases of the throat and mouth, when applied directly.
- Burns and boils, when applied directly.
- Lower cholesterol level.
- White water lily treat the liver injury.
- Treat ulcer.
- Keep the kidney healthy.
- Antifungal, Anti-tumoral, and Antioxidant.
How does it work?
water lily contains chemicals called tannins that probably help treat diarrhea by reducing swelling (inflammation). The tannins might also help kill some germs.
No side effects have been reported. However, caution should be needed before consumption in high amounts.