Number of research in the world regarding the prevention and treatment of cancer are going on and as such, asafoetida has received significant attention. High concentration of antioxidant compounds, namely ferulic acid and umbrelliprenin found in asafoetida have been shown to actively seek out and neutralize free radicals within the body, and have been directly associated to a reduction in cancerous cells.
Lowers Blood Pressure
Asafoetida is considered one of the good natural blood thinner and help to lower blood pressure. It is packed with coumarin, a compound that helps in improving your blood flow and thinning your blood, thus avoiding blood clotting.
As mentioned earlier, asafoetida is normally recommended for those suffering from gas, intestinal worms, IBS, indigestion, and basically any disorder that is affecting your gastrointestinal system. This can include reducing cramping, diarrhea, ulcers, bloating, constipation and excess flatulence, as well as food poisoning and more serious stomach issues, such as colorectal cancer.
- It is used as one of several possible scent baits, most particularly for catfish and pike.
- It is used to kill the trees by making a hole to a tree and filling it by asafoetida in coastal belt of south India.
- May also be used as a moth (Lepidoptera) light trap attractant by collectors—when mixed by approximately 1 part to 3 parts with a sweet, fruit jelly.
- Asafoetida is traditionally applied to a baby’s anterior fontanel to prevent spirits from entering the baby through the fontanel in Jamaica.
- Asafoetida is used in magic spells, as it is believed to have the power both to protect and to curse in the African-American Hoodoo tradition.